2 large eggplants
1 large onion
1 red capsicum
1 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Cut the eggplants in half lengthways, score the flesh in a crisscross pattern and brush liberally with olive oil.
- Place the aubergine halves in a shallow baking dish and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After the cooking time, remove the aubergine from the oven and scoop out most of the cooked flesh, leaving a sturdy shell. Chop the flesh and set the flesh and shells aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion, beef and capsicum, season well and cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the basil and chilli powder mix well and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped aubergine flesh to the pan, mix well and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes, stirring from time to time. Preheat the grill to hot.
- Add the feta cheese and cook stirring, until melted.
- Spoon filling into aubergine shells and top with the slices of Mozzarella Cheese, place in a lined grill pan and grill until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice, couscous or a green salad.